The What of Business Process Engineering (BPE)
At its simplest, business process engineering is all of the non-technical aspects of your business, meaning it’s not about how you provide your services or make the stuff you do, but it is about the processes you use to bring all the components together to provide your services or make the things you do.
The Why of Business Process Engineering
When setting up and running your own business you focus on what needs to be done:
- Get customers
- Give (sell) them what they need from you
- Put money in the bank.
BUT there are a whole host of decisions, processes and resources needed to achieve those three deceptively simple steps.
Even when you’re running like clockwork, you have to monitor and manage every step of the way:
- Using resources you may not need or which you pay too much for
- Not achieving industry quality standards (ISO 9001: 2015)
- Over-analysing what needs to be done so you end up doing nothing
- Making too many changes too rapidly, destabilising your business
- Being afraid of change because you’re comfortable and know what you’re doing
- Not achieving ISO 27001 information security policies, procedures and standards
- And any number of other issues that you could be facing if you don’t stop to analyse what’s going on.
If you really want a business that can achieve high quality standards
The Who and How of Business Process Engineering:
It’s good to get a fresh pair of eyes to review what is actually going on in your business and to focus on the important stuff so you can get where you really need or want to be, not where you think you are.
After 35 years at the sharp end of business, I know how to get to the heart of your business issues and the basis of a workable solution you can put into action.
We’ll work together on a Circular Analysis. Don’t worry about the terminology - it just means I keep asking you the What, Why, When, How, Where and Who questions until we dig into the real issues your business is facing. When you know the real pain points in your business (and they’re not always the ones you start off with), we can start re-engineering your solutions.
That’s the science bit. That’s what you really pay me for - how to make your business work at optimum levels, and how you can focus on driving your business to the success you envisaged.
Remember, my passion is in helping more than 5% of businesses survive in the first five years. But really, it’s about more than survival - it’s about helping your business thrive.
If you really want a business that can not only survive, but can grow and thrive